Pets Foods

In response to rising pet populations in Europe, pet foo

French animal vitamin and drugs maker Virbac has unveiled plans to ramp up its manufacturing capacities by transferring to a brand new manufacturing facility in Saint-Gilles, within the nation’s southern area of Occitania. Beneath the plan, the firm is to take a position between €40 million (US$42.3 million) and €50 million (US$52.9 million) in Saint-Gilles and launch the brand new plant on the finish of 2025, in accordance with senior firm representatives.

“The 70 staff who at present work on the manufacturing facility in Vauvert will, in fact, hold their jobs,” Olivier Elfassy, Virbac’s market unit director for pet meals and pet care, informed native radio broadcaster France Bleu Gard Lozère. 

The supervisor mentioned the corporate’s enlargement venture in southern France is said to the noticed speedy growth of Europe’s pet meals markets, with some international locations’ canine and cat populations rising by 15 to twenty% over the previous few years. 

Virbac has benefited from these markets’ progress, growing its annual gross sales to greater than €1.216 billion (US$1.294 billion) in 2022, up 14.3% in contrast with a yr earlier, in accordance with information launched by the enterprise. In 2021, the corporate generated about 59% of its revenues inside the pet meals and drugs section, and the remaining 41% inside the farm animal section.

Increasing R&D, international pet meals gross sales

Final yr, Virbac entered the U.S. pet meals market with the launch of its Veterinary HPM Pet Diet merchandise. In 2023, the producer goals to additional increase its international gross sales by investing as a lot as €100 million (US$106.4 million) in creating its capacities, Virbac mentioned in an announcement.

“As we proceed to execute our 2030 strategic plan, now we have made the choice to proceed accelerating in 2023 on two key dimensions: R&D and investments,” the assertion learn. “So as to maximize the long-term worth of our significantly wealthy portfolio of R&D tasks and in keeping with our strategic priorities, we intend to extend our funding in R&D in 2023 to roughly 8.5% of our turnover.

“To help Virbac’s progress and to extend our productiveness within the medium time period, we intend to extend our investments in 2023 to round €100 million (US$106.4 million),” the assertion continued. “It will embody doable one-off land investments of €20 to 25 million (US$21.3 million to $26.6 million), which can enable us to increase our footprint in France to be able to put together the event of our operations for the approaching a long time.”

Adamowski is a contract journalist primarily based in Warsaw, Poland. He has written on numerous industries, together with pet meals, drinks, telecoms, vitality, protection and pensions, for quite a few English-language publications.


Journalist specialized in online marketing as Social Media Manager. I help professionals and companies to become more Internet and online reputation, which allows to give life to the Social Media Strategies defined for the Company, and thus immortalize brands, products and services. I have participated as an exhibitor in various forums nationally and internationally, I am the author of several articles in digital magazines and Blogs.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button