You should report actions any time deer transfer on or off your holding or premises. You should do that even when you preserve deer as pets or have short-term duty for them.
You should additionally observe the situations of the deer motion basic licence.
Following these guidelines signifies that animals might be traced always to assist forestall and comprise illness.
It’s your duty to observe the principles to keep away from penalties comparable to motion restrictions, decreased subsidy funds, fines or prosecution.
Earlier than you progress deer
You should additionally examine your deer to ensure there aren’t any indicators of notifiable ailments, for instance foot and mouth illness.
For those who suspect a illness, it’s essential to not transfer the deer. Contact the Animal and Plant Well being Company (APHA).
What a motion is
A motion occurs any time deer are moved on or off your holding. It may well embrace shifting them:
- to and from a unique holding, for instance a farm
- to and from a venue for exhibition or efficiency causes (for instance, a nativity play)
- to your holding once you purchase or import animals from one other nation within the UK or from overseas
- out of your holding once you promote or export animals overseas, together with by means of an meeting centre
- to a slaughterhouse
Not like different livestock, you wouldn’t have to observe the standstill rule once you transfer deer.
Report deer actions to the Livestock Info Service (LIS)
You should report all actions to LIS. You are able to do this:
You should ship a accomplished LIS-2 motion doc with the deer after they’re moved.
What to incorporate once you report the motion
You should embrace:
- your CPH quantity
- the variety of animals you’re shifting
- description (stag, doe or fawn)
- the deer’s distinctive identification quantity – together with your herd mark from APHA or British Deer Farms and Parks Affiliation (BDFPA)
- the transporter’s title
- the date and time of the motion
A number of strikes should be recorded on totally different LIS-2 motion doc types.
Report off actions
You may select to report off actions both:
- on paper, utilizing the LIS-2 motion doc
Report off actions on-line
- the Livestock Info Service (LIS) – you’ll have to create an account the primary time you utilize it
- your farm software program bundle if it’s linked to LIS – verify together with your supplier
You’ll have to print:
- one copy of the LIS-2 motion doc for the haulier shifting the animals
- 2 copies of the LIS-2 motion doc for the receiving keeper, except you recognize the receiving keeper has a LIS account and makes use of it to report actions onto their holding
For those who need assistance with making a LIS account or recommendation on reporting a motion, name the LIS helpline.
Report off actions utilizing the paper LIS-2 motion doc
You would possibly have the ability to get a paper copy of the LIS-2 motion doc from a market, slaughterhouse or native council.
This comes as a ‘quadruplicate’ – 4 equivalent pages. Hold one for your self and provides the opposite 3 to the haulier.
You too can full and print the editable LIS-2 motion doc on the LIS web site.
You’ll have to:
- print 4 copies
- preserve one for your self
- give 3 copies to the haulier – they’ll preserve one and provides the opposite 2 to the receiving keeper to publish to LIS (except the keeper experiences on-line)
Report on actions
You should report on actions inside 3 days of the animal arriving onto your holding.
You may select to report on actions both:
- by posting the LIS-2 motion doc to LIS
The sending keeper can’t report the on motion for you.
Report on actions on-line
Report on actions on-line utilizing both your:
- LIS account
- farm software program bundle if it’s linked to LIS – verify together with your supplier
You may both:
- affirm the on motion if the sending keeper reported the off motion on-line
- report the entire transfer (the on and off motion) if the sending keeper reported the transfer on the paper LIS-2 motion doc solely
Full the vacation spot part of the LIS-2 motion doc. You should preserve a paper (or scanned digital) copy of this doc for 3 years from the date the animal arrives in your holding.
If each the on and off strikes had been reported on-line, you wouldn’t have to maintain copies.
Report on actions utilizing the LIS-2 motion doc
Full the vacation spot part of the doc that arrives with the animal if:
- you wouldn’t have a LIS account
- your farm software program shouldn’t be linked to LIS
- the sending keeper has not reported the off motion on LIS
You’ll have to both:
- publish a replica to LIS
- scan and e mail it to LIS
Because the receiving keeper, it’s essential to preserve copies of motion paperwork for 3 years from the date the animal arrives on to your holding.
Transferring animals for exhibition or efficiency causes
You would possibly need to transfer animals to areas that wouldn’t have a CPH quantity, comparable to:
- a faculty or different training facility
- a TV studio
- different venues for performance-related actions (for instance a nativity play)
If that’s the case, you should contact the Animal and Plant Well being Company (APHA) to get a allow.
A situation of that allow is that they’re the one animals concerned.
If there are animals from different keepers concerned, the venue turns into a ‘gathering’ and might want to get an animal gathering licence.
You might want to report each actions as a spherical journey:
- off your holding to the venue
- on to your holding after they return
Tick the ‘vacation spot exhibition or efficiency (Non CPH)’ field in part 1 on the LIS-2 motion doc.
Deer imported or moved into England
Imported deer should journey with an import well being certificates. You’ll want the small print to full a LIS-2 motion kind.
Discover out extra about:
Deer moved from Scotland and Northern Eire
Deer moved from Scotland or Northern Eire might not have a motion doc. If they don’t, you’ll want to finish a LIS-2 motion doc after they arrive and ship it to LIS inside 3 days.
For those who’re a slaughterhouse operator, it’s essential to as a substitute report the transfer on-line on LIS.
Deer moved from Wales
Deer moved from Wales can have a Welsh authorities motion doc. Inside 3 days it’s essential to both:
- ship a replica of the doc to LIS
- report the motion on LIS
Slaughterhouse operators should report the motion on-line and never by paper.
Export deer from England to outdoors of Nice Britain
Deer should journey with a LIS-2 motion doc to journey to an meeting centre or port.
You should additionally get an export well being certificates.
You must also verify if there are well being necessities for the nation you’re exporting them to. Discover out extra about exporting stay animals.
Get assist or recommendation
Contact LIS for assist with reporting actions.
Autor HM Authorities